(This is the third lecture in Stevo Todorcevic’s Forcing class, held in the fall of 2012. You can find the second lecture here. Quotes by Stevo are in dark blue; some are deep, some are funny, some are paraphrased so use your judgement.)
- We look at 4 examples of posets that collapse to .
- A problem of Foreman is mentioned that asks about collapsing versus adding.
- Talking about anti-Suslin trees.
Continue reading Stevo’s Forcing Class Fall 2012 – Class 3
(In the fall of 2012 I will be taking Stevo Todorcevic’s class in Forcing at the University of Toronto. I will try to publish my notes here, although that won’t always be possible.)
Summary of class 1.
- Discuss examples of ccc posets whose product is not ccc.
- Prove a theorem of Baumgartner’s that relates the branches in a tree to its antichain structure.
- Display the differences in chain conditions.
Continue reading Stevo’s Forcing Class Fall 2012 – Class 1